Proclaim it

Insert tagboard

Sunday, January 28, 2007

weekend = free time? NOMORE

I had not been posting since forever. I am not to blame...haha...school work is killing me. Everyweek, there are plenty of assignments without fail. With lab this sem, it's gg to get only worse.

Anyway...I went to Ajahn Brahm's talk today. It's abt how to deal with the lost of the loved ones. How profound he can get! There are things that suddenly enlighten me, such as the temporary feeling of lost and our temporary departure. I of course had this impression long time ago, but i dun know the possible reality behind it. He gave some real life examples on how highly possible we will meet our family in our next lives. There's no need to grief. Why we fell in love with only certain ppl, the answer is becoz: "here we go again" I thot that was humorous.

Remember the good quality of the person we loved and spend every single moment with our loved ones now.

Also, things that were previously reinforced in me by the influence of taoism or christianity have slightly different views from the perspective of buddhism.

In the end of the sessions, he cracked jokes:

I am leaving soon today, u dont have to miss me, dont grieve, coz I'll be back (with our karma links). BTW, I am reincarnated once in two/three weeks in Singapore. LOL (He's staying in a monastry in Perth and spreading the dhamma there. He was previously graduated from Cambridge U) I really love him. He said, I come back so often to spore, the obvious reason is prolly in my past life I was a Singaporean.

But a message that really moves me today is why we suffer? We are asking things in life that can never be fulfilled. It's so true.

We ran at 12:39 AM
Self

Name :Erwin
Birthday:04/04/86
School:tj
Horoscope:aries
Likes:good stuff
Dislikes:nasty stuff

The me u know now may not be the same person u know next

The people

alice
miranda
erlin
cindy
dwee
pat
irma
sf
tuan
kaicheng
l.a
yuven
cassie
jess
gita
wet

Memories

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007

Credits

Designer: j3tflame